Lithium-ion battery with overvoltage protection from Skyrich
Skyrich is a premium manufacturer and series supplier for well-known manufacturers such as KTM and Ducati.
The LTM-Line Power Sports Lithium-Ion batteries feature a heat-resistant, waterproof nylon case and improved terminal connections.
Overcharge Protection (OP)
The Skyrich battery has an advanced Battery Management System (BMS) which, in addition to the balancers (ensures even charging/discharging of the battery), also includes overcharge protection. This prevents the battery from being charged with a voltage of over 14.9V.
Battery is equipped with one or more spacers, which are glued under the battery with the supplied adhesive tape, so that the battery fits exactly into the battery box.
The battery is completely waterproof and will not be damaged when the motorcycle is cleaned with high pressure.
All batteries are equipped with an improved state of charge indicator, which shows the battery's state of charge even more precisely.
Replacing a standard lead-acid battery with a Skyrich Lithium-Ion battery can save up to 5 kg in weight, without any significant effort.
The following advantages speak for Skyrich Lithium-Ion batteries:
- integrated overvoltage protection
- approx. 1/3 of the weight of the comparable lead-acid battery
- improved brass terminals for best conductivity
- completely black battery housing
- battery housing made of nylon, therefore deformation due to heat is practically impossible
- unbeatable cost/weight ratio
- can be installed in any position as it contains no acid
- contains no heavy metals
- balanced discharge/charge of all cells by balancer
- fast charge possible with high charge current (up to 90% in 6 min)
- very low self-discharge (max. 5% per month)
- still good performance at high temperatures up to 60°C
- safe technology and long service life
Due to their specific characteristics, lead-acid batteries can only use 30% of their capacity, whereas lithium-ion batteries can use almost 100% of their capacity.
For this reason, the lithium versions of Skyrich batteries require only 1/3 of the capacity of a comparable lead-acid battery for the same starting power.
The dimensions of the lithium-ion batteries correspond to those of the original lead-acid batteries with the aid of adapters.
The connections are also identical, which is why the battery can be replaced in just a few minutes without any further adjustments.
Please note that only suitable chargers may be used for charging. We recommend JMP chargers.
Please refer to the technical data below for the maximum recommended charging currents.
Under no circumstances should chargers be used which attempt to desulphate deeply discharged batteries below 10 volts with a voltage greater than 14.9 volts before commencing the actual charge.
The manufacturer guarantees sufficient starting capacity down to -5 degrees Celsius.
Skyrich lithium-ion batteries use iron phosphate (LiFePO4) as the cathode material and use the lithium polymer process in their manufacture. This prevents them from bursting into flames or exploding during normal operation.
The technology and manufacturing process ensure the highest safety standard for lithium batteries.
- 12 V maintenance-free lithium-ion battery
- charging current recommended 2 A
- maximum charging current for fast charging 20 A
Voltage : 12v Capacity : 4 Ah (10 Std) Capacity : 48 Wh Type : Lithium
Activated : Yes Manufacturer claimed CCA : 240 A Length : 134 mm Width : 65 mm Height : 92 mm Weight (including acid) : 0.9 kg Terminal connection : from above
Positive terminal : Front left Negative terminal : Front right Breather hose : Without Manufacturer : Skyrich