High tech for all V2 Twins from Harley
By replacing a standard lead-acid battery with a JMT lithium-ion battery, you can save up to 5 kg of weight without significant effort.
The following advantages speak in favor of JMT lithium-ion batteries:
- About 1/3 of the weight of the comparable lead-acid battery
- Unbeatable cost / weight savings ratio
- Can be installed in any position, as there is no acid
- contains no heavy metals
- balanced discharge / charge of all cells by balancers
- fast charging with high charging current possible (up to 90% in 6 min)
- very low self-discharge (max 5% per month)
- even at high temperatures still good performance up to 60 ° C
- safe technology and long service life
- Special black, roughened surface for optimum "look"
- very high cold start power
- excellent vibration resistance
- Highly resilient pole connections ensure a smooth start and a long
- Delivered with a pole cover, also in black
Due to their specific properties, lead-acid batteries can only use 30% of their capacity, while lithium-ion batteries use almost 100% of their capacity. For this reason, the lithium versions of the JMT batteries require only 1/3 the capacity of a comparable lead-acid battery for the same starting power.
A uniform state of charge of all cells is also ensured by a built-in processor ("balancer").
Please note that only suitable chargers may be used for charging. We recommend JMP chargers. For the maximum recommended charging currents, please refer to the technical data below.
Under no circumstances should chargers be used which attempt to desulphurate deep-discharged batteries under 10 volts with a voltage of more than 14.9 volts before they begin the actual charge.
The maximum charging voltage of 14.9 volts must never be exceeded.
The manufacturer guarantees a sufficient starting capacity up to -5 degrees Celsius.
JMT lithium-ion batteries use iron phosphate (LiFePO4) as the cathode material and use the lithium-polymer process in their manufacture. As a result, they can neither go up in flames nor explode in normal operation.
The technology and the manufacturing process guarantee the highest safety standard for lithium batteries.
VTB-8 V-TWIN (LITHIUM)
Voltage : 12v Capacity : 8.0 Ah (10 Std) Capacity : 96 Wh Type : Lithium
Activated : Yes Manufacturer claimed CCA : 400 A SAE as measured by JMP battery tester : 500 A DIN as measured by JMP battery tester : 460 A EN as measured by JMP battery tester : 280 A Length : 148 mm Width : 86 mm Height : 144 mm Weight (including acid) : 1.4 kg Acid Pack included : No Terminal connection : Front Positive terminal : Front left Negative terminal : Front right Breather hose : Without Manufacturer : JMT