JMT lithium-ion battery for Harley Davidson
High tech for all V2 Twins from Harley
By replacing a standard lead-acid battery with a JMT lithium-ion battery, you can save up to 5 kg in weight without any significant effort.
The following advantages speak for JMT lithium-ion batteries:
- about 1/3 the weight of a comparable lead-acid battery
- Unbeatable cost / weight savings ratio
- Can be installed in any position as it does not contain any acid
- does not contain heavy metals
- balanced discharge / charge of all cells by balancer
- Fast charging with high charging current possible (up to 90% in 6 min)
- very low self-discharge (max. 5% per month)
- Good performance up to 60 ° C even at high temperatures
- safe technology and long service life
- Special black, roughened surface for an optimal "look"
- very high cold start power
- excellent vibration resistance
- Highly resilient pole connections ensure a problem-free start and a long time
- Delivery takes place with a pole cover, also in black
Due to their specific properties, lead-acid batteries can only use 30% of their capacity, while lithium-ion batteries can use almost 100% of their capacity. For this reason, the lithium versions of the JMT batteries only need 1/3 the capacity of a comparable lead-acid battery for the same starting power.
A built-in processor (“balancer”) ensures that all cells are charged evenly.
Please note that only suitable chargers may be used for charging. We recommend JMP chargers. The maximum recommended charging currents can be found in the technical data below.
Under no circumstances should chargers be used that attempt to desulphate deeply discharged batteries below 10 volts with a voltage of more than 14.9 volts before they actually begin charging.
The maximum charging voltage of 14.9 volts must not be exceeded under any circumstances.
The manufacturer guarantees sufficient starting capacity down to -5 degrees Celsius.
JMT lithium-ion batteries use iron phosphate (LiFePO4) as the cathode material and use the lithium polymer process in their manufacture. This prevents them from going up in flames or exploding during normal operation.
The technology and the manufacturing process guarantee the highest safety standard for lithium batteries.
- 12 V maintenance-free lithium-ion battery
- Recommended charging current 4 A
- maximum charging current for fast charging 32 A.
VTB-1 V-TWIN (LITHIUM)
Voltage : 12v Capacity : 8 Ah (10 Std) Capacity : 96 Wh Type : Lithium Activated : Yes Manufacturer claimed CCA : 500 A SAE as measured by JMP battery tester : 600 A DIN as measured by JMP battery tester : 560 A EN as measured by JMP battery tester : 340 A Length : 175 mm Width : 87 mm Height : 150 mm Weight (including acid) : 1.8 kg Terminal connection : Front Positive terminal : Front right Negative terminal : Front left Breather hose : Without Manufacturer : JMT